Wednesday, March 22, 2006

This post is long overdue, and depicts of some feelings I got to expierience during my family trip to the Genting Highlands. Feelings that I have yearned for over the years and could only dream of till now...

Oh yes, I know WHAT you're thinking, but no... its not that...

You see I went on vacations with some nephews of mine, yes! You read it correctly, NEPHEWS! So I'm 16 and I'm already an uncle, now don't that just make me feel young and special? (-.-) Anyhoos, I'm an only child, and a childhood hope of mine since young was to have a sibling, a brother in particular, to share my toys with and someone robust to wrestle with yet, I've been denied that fact.

Sure, I get most of the stuffs I want in life, food, toys, money, parental love and much much more!! No, I am not ungrateful for all these yet, there is always an emptiness to not have someone to share these gifts with, to have someone to quarrel with, to have someone to argue things over... Just that fact alone seemed to make me feel sorry for myself more often than naught and affected a big part of my very short life. Still I yearned and hoped...

Well, I really didn't expect much out of this vacation in the first place, it was something my parents planned with the ENTIRE family, so I just went along with it. But SURPRISE suprise, my nephews were already on their way into teenagerhood and what I really didn't expect was they actually LOOKED UP to me!! (or something like that anyway)

They were clingy and really took to my suggestions, and were genuinely concerned with whatever happened to me..

So I do have to thank fates allowing me this brief intro into a life that I would have led, also shown me ways more than one to show concern to others!!

No comments: